mercredi 31 décembre 2008

happy bloody fucking new year!


amerika, love it or leave it
a new year just o'er the hour
a us-jettisoned bomb falls on a
palestinian home, a calling
card of more to come, as
the prosecutors of war
stir the world to despair
just in time for a new year

why should they care?
their new year day was
months ago, forgotten with
their attonement prayers and
lands bought with wooden nickels,
as hawks sit on shoulders
and squawk, and the world
looks on, ever impotent

bye bye cheney bye bye bush
that's the way they put it
in the middle east
your days were always
numbered, the way blood
thickens when exposed to air
and the rows of grave stones
dotting a path on the straight and
narrow are lit up by the blood of
lambs and sanguine futures

hello capitalism, hello hillary!
i can't wait to watch you waddling
around the middle east in your
slick pants suits: they don't make
you anymore a man than
your fixed hard stare or
the hawk that sits on your
broad shoulders, quelle femme!

hello corruption, hello to more
blues and reds and in-fighting
and the do-something-anything!
congress who thinks it is god,
as it hands out toys for tots on
wall street: oh such good military
men, with no one whizzing off the
capitol steps: such excellent
role models of the corporate
catechism, a full-fledged religion
for the super wicked rich

yesterday today and tomorrow
hello to my heart that bleeds like
a fucking liberal, an ass no more or
less than my nemesis, blind, yet
grabbing as much as i can and
throwing it into the cart and then
wandering pointlessly with the
rest of 'em to cash out

hello my anima who bleeds
hello my animus who leads

11 commentaires:

Pris a dit…

Yes, an angry poem. The world is a mess. NOT being angry would be odd, wouldn't it?

jhb a dit…

Anger is to change things.

Garth a dit…

Never mind: at leat the price of oil is up since the Nazraelis started bombing Palestinians.

Jan Hersh a dit…

ca me fait fache
alors un succes
I like what JHB had to say

Laura Tattoo a dit…

pisces, they must be using a HELLUVA
LOT of it! when one sees the money behind the reason for this occupation, it dwarfs iraq, ie, tourism, hotels, and power!

thanks, jb, jan and pris. i like jb's comments too because yes, anger can be a great motivator and hopefully moves us toward a positive resolution. but while anger may be fueling this newest incursion into gaza, it certainly is not positive! it's probably revenge, but 400 to 4, ? xoxo

Unknown a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
Unknown a dit…

That's a good way to pass the year...
I love it,
Bravo!!!

Laura Tattoo a dit…

thanks j-p. i'm glad we met today!

maxbeta3zaman a dit…

I was able to reach yor blog through my friend Mosaad G. actualy Iam glad to find a wise person who can see the events with his clear eys not through the biased midea.
Iam also poem writer but in Arabic ,posted some in my blog

Laura Tattoo a dit…

max, i visited your blog, you have many readers, i do wish i could read your poetry but alas, i do not read arabic. it is a beautiful language to hear and to see, if i could only now understand it! i listen to arabic music and like it very very much.

if you would like and if you have time, you could translate a small part, i would love to read something, even a verse. email me with a taste of your poesie if you can do it.

thank you for writing in, i really do appreciate it. your children are beautiful. xoxoox ~lt

maxbeta3zaman a dit…

ok I 'll translate 2 poms of mine send them to your mail box the 1st is very recent I wrote to my son on his wedding day gave to him as a gift >>the 2nd is old written to my friend& clleague as a letter \poem expressing my dissapointment when a girl turned down my marrage offer (proposal)back in 70's ,,
by the way the pic here is me& my elder sister when I was 4 year-old-boy .