jeudi 4 août 2011

Med Time




I wake up from that
last dream I can't remember
and the tv's still on
I want it to be five hours
but it is only three
and my eyes and neck
are aching
Did I take my 4 ams
or did I forget?
My body says forgotten
but the med box is empty...

Then I remember Ron
holding out his hand
like a bronzed buddha
until I was awake enough
to sit up and swallow
I've seen him sit there
for an hour until
his patience is spent
and he says
"Honey, I'm tired!"
I always feel like a lump
and apologize...

So the pills are swallowed
and the tv's still on
but it isn't time
for "Democracy Now"
and it isn't even time
for "Washington Journal"
It's hours hours hours
'til a timer sounds
the half-life ends
and I turn off the tv
and start it all again:
the insidious waiting
for the end of pain

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Hi I really liked your blog.
I own a website. Which is a global platform for all the artists, whether they are poets, writers, or painters etc.
We publish the best Content, under the writers name.
I really liked the quality of your content. and we would love to publish your content as well. All of your content would be published under your name, so that you can get all the credit for the content. For better understanding,
You can Check the Literature Corner of our website and the content shared by different writers and poets.

http://www.catchmypost.com

and kindly reply on ojaswi_kaushal@catchmypost.com