mercredi 9 février 2011

The Ghost


"The Brown Lady" (1936) by Captain Provand and Indre Shira


I do not remember which way I have gone,
I have not developed a sense of time,
My house is embellished with ivy and thorn,
My roses lie dead in the autumn night.

Quick! You see my shadow on the stair,
It mounts in graceful agèdness.
But do you remember the dust and the web
Of houses long before vacated?

(written in early 80s) 

4 commentaires:

Mary Stebbins Taitt a dit…

Very nicely written, beautiful!

Laura Tattoo a dit…

thanks, mary. always so glad to see you, and i must come visit you soon too. i have so much poetry that's never been touched, and while the purpose of this blog is to keep myself writing new poems, it's nice to slip some of my old favorites in now and then. :>>))) xoxoxooxox

bluerose a dit…

Love this! an invisible identity ;]

Laura Tattoo a dit…

ty, blue. :>>)) xoxoxooox