jeudi 15 septembre 2011

before the fall


Pieter the Elder Bruegel, The Fall of the Rebel Angels (1562)


if i learn one lesson
let it be this
there is a tripwire
in my consciousness
and in front of it is a pit
that is endless

once my foot gets caught
and i begin to fall
my eyes will be blinded
by sand and rock
and my ears shall erupt
in the rapid tumbling

my mouth will utter
bits of jumbled tongue
and i won't know what
i am saying anymore
as the centuries rush past
ringed with corpses

and all because another
injured my pride
and all because my ego
was brushed and bruised
and who am i and who are you
on this battlefield

if i am to remain true
let me finish in beauty
my life on this planet
and let me ne'er forget
that we were one person
before we were two

2 commentaires:

Garth a dit…

I picture you stepping over the tripwire to fly with arms spread like an olympic diver

Laura Tattoo a dit…

yeah, i tend to plunge lol... i'm coming to visit you. xoxoxoo