vendredi 5 février 2010

The Crow in the Bay



Photo: Elliot Bay Crow by a very talented photographer, Linda van Rosmalen


Waif comedienne
Bankrupt siren
off the seawall she crows

Chanties of chronic distaste
Butchery
and banal belief

Slip beneath her wing
And worship in common with
aquatic beasts of burden

Bella linda loma foma
Roll like sea trash
your languid diatribes

I will love you forever
And your dirty songs will be
my wit's end


(2000)

4 commentaires:

Garth a dit…

Oh yeah!

Laura Tattoo a dit…

thanks pisces. :>>)) i decided to start putting a few of my older poems on line; they've rarely been read. totally different than my new work. another example was "this train", which i remember you really liked. xoxxoxoox

Anonyme a dit…

Well, I do not even need to tell you how I love this ... And the gloriouss foma ... Ah my crows!

Ozymandias a dit…

We get crows by our home, and I often wonder what they are telling us....from the mists of time, some message eternal surely...